Saturday, March 1, 2008

Canada Kendra

There's another Kendra Adachi.

She lives in Edmonton, Canada. She takes pictures and is friends with some guy named Tyler who likes to pose in his underwear. She's single and a cashier at the T-Bo. I don't know what that is exactly. Maybe a grocery store or Canada's version of Walgreens.

I honestly didn't think another Kendra Adachi existed. Maybe that's conceited, but I have good reason! My first name is fairly unique. My last name is really unique (at least in the US). The combination of the two (I thought) was singular. Now I find there's another one, taking pictures and money somewhere in Canada.

I wonder if she's nice. I wonder if she likes her mom. I wonder if she enjoys cooking and eating. I sort of want her to give Kendra Adachi a good name. Okay, that does sound conceited. It's her name, too. She can be whatever Kendra Adachi she wants to be. It got me thinking though, and isn't that what a blog is for?

We represent ourselves by what we do, but when we follow Christ, we represent Him even more. We should honor the name of Jesus and not do anything to lessen that name in any way. It's the greatest name there is, and I have the privilege of being a reflection of His love, an ambassador for Jesus, for the Savior of the world. His name is the only name that matters. Mine becomes less and less as His becomes more and more. I feel so relieved by that. That takes so much pressure off of me, off my need to prove the truth. Thank God that the truth isn't contigent on me or on my name.

I hope Canada Kendra loves Jesus.

3 comments:

Wilson Ramblings said...

how did you find out about this kendra?

taylor made said...

This prompted me to copy you. A young professional golfer. White. Brown hair. Female. Couple years younger than me and apparently very good.
Little jealous she isn't Canadian.
Have I shared with you my fascination with Canada?
I love it.

Cindy said...

I had to copy you too. It was very entertaining.