Sunday, April 6, 2008

Distractions

I'm a very VERY unhappy Tarheel right now.

My team is down by 17 points at halftime to stupid Kansas. I seriously am having chest pains. This performance is embarrassing.

Kaz and I had a conversation a few days ago about how important it was to us to have our kids like sports. We don't have any yet, so we can totally imagine these things. We looked at taste in friends, taste in food, taste in music, or taste in sports. Our lists were slightly different. Of course friends was first. I would so much rather my kids make good choices in their friends and only eat blue-box mac'n'cheese and listen to Daniel Powter while watching old people do pairs' figure skating.

But oh my goodness. A kid without a pallette? A kid who doesn't appreciate songwriters? A kid who doesn't love March Madness? That's tough. You know, I realize these words really mean nothing. I'm just trying to distract myself from this game. And for the record, I'm totally going to love my kids whatever they're into... unless it's puppy-killing or Jessica Simpson.

1 comment:

Hannah Grace said...

I feel like we can brainwash them. (In a good way, of course.) I think they might go through a stage, but between the 3 of us and Mom, your kids will be perfectly wonderful. Just like their Aunt Han.