Monday, December 24, 2007

This Is Why I Love Christmas

Tonight was the Extended Family Christmas Party, and it was rowdy. I think it was the alcohol. Not an excessive amount, but a glass of wine for most of my family members definitely takes the edge off. Or maybe it was the family Bingo with a couple dozen envelopes filled with cash for the prizes. And I'm not talking a buck or two. I think every envelope had at least a Jackson in it. (That's a twenty for those of you unfamiliar with your presidential flashcards.) It was intense. Lots of fun but definitely intense.

On the ride home, groaning from that last piece of German chocolate cake and a few too many bites of crab dip, I thought about my family. Sure, we've had problems; every family does. But tonight, I realized how much I really like them. They're sweet people, and they're mine. My grandpa said it best: "I'm just glad you're my family."

Agreed.

And the four Bingo envelopes didn't hurt anything either...

No comments: